What’s better than a special birthday surrounded by loved ones in paradise? With her group of 15 family members and friends, Jane Hamill celebrated her 50th in style in Club Med Bali, Indonesia. Her relaxing days consisted of sunrise walks with her mum, yoga by the beach, lazing by the pool and cocktails of course! The Zen pool was a big hit for adults while kids enjoyed the Junior Club. It was a perfect balance and successful time away for all family members!
1. Why did you choose to go to Club Med Bali?
I had been to Club Med Bali 5 times already and always loved it. The whole family enjoys being there and as a mum it is a true holiday for me as I can just relax and don't need to think about a thing. What better place to meet up with friends and family to celebrate my 50th Birthday!
2. Who did you travel with during your stay?
We had a group of 15 including my husband, 13 year-old son and 10 year-old daughter. We met up with two other families, my best friend from school and my parents.
3. What was your typical day in the resort?
Meeting my mum at 6:30am for a sunrise walk, yoga by the beach, breakfast and lazing by the pool, watching trapeze, lunch, more lazing by the pool, archery, afternoon pilates, cocktails by the beach. My son hung out with the junior club and enjoyed trapeze, archery and pool games. The child free couples were able to take advantage of the beautiful zen pool. Each night we met up for dinner in the restaurant and the staff made sure we had a table that could accommodate our group.
4. What was your highlight from the trip?
My birthday dinner in The Deck restaurant. The staff were fantastic with our booking and I received the Club Med rendition of Happy Birthday! Spending relaxing time with my family and friends was the best gift of all.
5. What do you love most about Bali as a destination?
🌴 Beautiful spacious grounds
🌞 Gorgeous weather
😊 Lovely people
6. What did you enjoy the most in the resort?
The food and the friendliness of the GO team.
7. What is your top tip for a successful family trip in Club Med Bali?
Just let everyone go their own way and meet up for meals. It is a safe environment for the kids to experience some independence.
8. What are your favourite activities for a perfect family holiday in Club Med Bali?
Archery, table tennis and pool games are great for all the family, plus watching the shows at night.
9. What could you pack in your suitcase for a family holiday in Club Med Bali?
Yoga pants, bathers and something white for White Night.
10. Which Club Med are you going to next?
We are looking forward to our first Club Med ski holiday to Pragelato Vialattea, Italy and coming home via Club Med Bintan.